Tuesday, September 27, 2011

At the End of the Day

At the end of the day, most people lay down and fall asleep easily and quickly, thinking nothing more of the events that occurred in the last 24 hours. Myself, I tend to reflect on them and decide what I could have done differently, or what I didn't accomplish that day that needs to be done first tomorrow. 
I did that today as I do every other day now, but tonight I decided to finish my final task of the day before calling it a night and going to bed. I think I will be able to sleep easier once I have finished the task at hand.My area supervisor at work gave me a great idea yesterday and today an employee of mine insisted I go for it and 'do the damn thing'. 
*Thus my first blog posting* 


I realized it was a simple gesture of taking an interest in my life and what I was doing with it, or lack there of at the moment, that made all the difference in my work performance yesterday and again today, well tonight since I work 2nd shift. Just a simple suggestion to start a blog, and a simple push to do so, was all I needed. 


The simplest things in life seem to make all the difference. Whether it's a smile for someone you don't know, or an encouraging word from someone you do know, it matters. Sometimes it takes a child chasing a butterfly and giggling while in pursuit to make you stop and realize that some things are too trivial, and should be forgotten about, while others, though bigger, should be handled differently. 


At the end of the day, it's always the simplest things that can change a person's outlook on life.  The smallest gesture for you, could mean all the difference to someone on the outside looking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment