Got to spend some quality time with the boyfriend last night. He is absolutely wonderful, and I couldn't have asked God for someone who completes me more. He is literally the other half of myself. Together we make up a great duo, until we are bickering as most couples who live 30 minutes apart and don't get to see each other much do... or maybe it's just our uniqueness.
I waited for him to call last night to let me know he was heading towards his parent's house where he lives, while spending time with my Mom. He was stuck in a tight spot with a friend, someone that is totally unreliable at times, and it ended up being a lot later than when our usual date night started. (giggle and smirk all you want, yes we have a date night once a week). I finally got the phone call, and even though I was slightly annoyed with him and the lateness of the hour, I packed my small overnight bag, and headed out.
I got there and he was de-greasing himself, he had been working on a car all day, so I sat with his parents for a moment. They are truly wonderful people, and I have pretty much been adopted as one of their own now.
He meandered into the living room where I was sprawled out watching tv with 'Mom' and 'Dad' and gave me a sad puppy faced look. I smiled as he grabbed my hand and led me to his room. We snuggled on the couch and watched some tv then went to bed relatively early, well for me that is.
It was wonderful waking up to kisses on my face this morning. I rolled over and his arms wrapped around me as they always do and I felt safe. I was warm, comfortable and happy. My emotions for the day were, content, happy, and well, loved. It put an extra pep into my step... hahaha that rhymed. ;) My crew definitely can tell a difference when I have spent a good night with him. I always have more energy, and a huge smile on my face.
Simple moment of the day: a fox ran out in front of my car as I was driving home tonight. He was running so fast that I knew even at the speed I was driving, I wouldn't hit him. He knew that he was in danger and quickened his pace to get out of it. It made me realize yet again, as I have done many times before, that life is too short to waste. I should smile more and frown less. I should laugh more and cry less. I am getting better about both. It was that simple moment that made me realize even though it was a long day and an even longer night, that it was a good day...and an amazing night with my crew...
Now, I am off to dream land with dreams of the next 6 months flying by at an extremely fast pace! I have big plans... I will reveal them soon enough.. Til next time, remember the simple things in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment