Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hot Chocolate and Afternoon Sun

I had the best afternoon yesterday. I spent the day doing laundry and cleaning, as I do most days. I didn't have to be at work til later in the day, so I went to the grocery store with my Mom. 


My Mom is the most important thing in this world to me, and I don't know what I would do without her. She has been my Mom, my safe keeper and my best friend. 



This is my Mom and my oldest brother at his wedding almost 2 years ago, she is gorgeous :)


While at the store yesterday, we both got the same idea at the same time, hot chocolate with some milk and marshmallows. We ended up getting two boxes of the marshmallow lovers, one colorful and one plain. When we got home, I figured out I had enough time to sit and enjoy a cup with her. 
While I was changing clothes, she poured the milk and started heating it up in the microwave. Mine wasn't quite warm enough, but hers was. So I continued to heat as she added her colorful mixture of marshmallows. It looked like a rainbow swimming in our cups, once mine was finished and I was done making a mess as I tend to do. :) 

We then went outside and sat on the front porch. It was gorgeous. The sun was barely dipping behind the trees and the breeze wasn't too much. I sat in my favorite place on our porch swing and she sat in her favorite rocking chair near me. 

Even though we didn't say much of anything, just sipped on our hot chocolatey rainbow of goodness, it was the most perfect moment we have had in a while. It was that unique moment when nothing needed to be said.  
I smiled at her, and she smiled back. It was all I needed to know that she loves me and I her. It was a great moment and I took that into work with me last night, and managed to have an amazing night with my team, as I did tonight as well. It still puts a huge smile on my face thinking about it. 
She is the most amazing woman in this world, and I would be lost without her. 

Sometimes all it takes to say 'I love you' is a small mug  of hot chocolate.

Remembering the simple things, now and always.


No comments:

Post a Comment