Thursday, February 16, 2012

Let's try again shall we?

Well, after my injury at work about 2 weeks ago now, I hadn't been able to really do a workout. I didn't do much running or anything of the sorts. I am at 148 lbs now and still have a ways to go. I would like to reach my goal by the end of March. However, I fell off the wagon the week of my cycle. But that's why I am starting again. 
I did some much needed stretching this morning and some even more needed yoga. My body feels a little more limber and my back doesn't seem to be hurting as much. I am jumping back on the wagon starting today. I am going to drink less soda and more water and cut out 3/4 of the junk food. A little junk never hurt anyone ;) 
I have 23 lbs to go to meet my second goal of 125, and 13 to meet my first goal. I know I can do this. I do know I can do this, and I am tired of making excuses. I go back to my original diet, consuming less than 2500 calories a day and working out as much as I can without injuring my knee again. I am going to the grocery store tonight in order to get some fruits that I should be eating and some veggies as well. I am tired of living on process crap and should be eating at home more and eating healthier. 


I went out for Valentine's Day and my Anniversary this past weekend. It was wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend than what I had. I spent almost all of it with Travis when I wasn't working. We had a blast! We couldn't stop giggling and laughing the entire time. :) It was one of those perfect couples weekends that we all deserve sometimes. 


 I got an extra day off this week so that helped with laundry and cleaning that needed to get done, so I can focus (on my regular day off) on getting some brainstorming and writing done. I still have 36 hours for the week and am only working 4 days. So a couple of longer shifts, but that's alright. I got an extra day to rest and spend time with my love and my family. 
I also dyed my hair this weekend.. well had someone else dye it for me :) I think it turned out great!


This you can see almost all of the colors in it. :) 

This one is right after I got it done, It was styled and everything. But you can't see all the colors in it.


*Simple Moment*
Friday night I had to close at work and didn't get out until late. I was talking to Travis before I went to bed as is our custom each night, when he got quiet. I asked him "honey, what's wrong?" His reply??
"Nothing. I love you. Happy Anniversary". It was perfect in every way. 


Until next time, remember The Simple Things in Life.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are awesome, and I'm sorry you injured your knee. I hope its doing better! Again, That one pound will fall of quickly, and you will get more and more gorgeous!
    Love you,
    Minnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizz, thanks for dropping by. I'll try some vitamins with folic acid, I cannot take having bad hair. Cutting my hair this time was a solution too. I think I got it back to health. :)

    Your long hair looks beautiful. I like your notes about "simple moments". That's sweet. It kinda inspire me to pay more attention at simple things that are usually taken for granted but in fact could bring a big difference.

    You mentioned about anniversary, we're having ours today :) Best wishes to you and your boyfriend. Keep the love alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! I hope the vitamins work out well for your hair! It helped mine grow a LOT last year. My supervisor actually gave me the idea about simple moments each day. She was my muse to start with so to speak and I kind of ran with it! And I will continue to stop by and read :) How long have you and your boyfriend been together?

    Minnie, yeah you know me. It's getting better, and I need to get back on the physical therapy wagon and really get to working it again. A co-worker says it will take a long time to mostly heal, but will never be 100% like it 'was'. But we all know my knee hasn't been 100% in MANY years :)

    ReplyDelete