Well, as the title implies, it was a stressful ending to the week. I could totally go for some hardcore working out and not thinking about anything but the next move, but eh, it's Saturday night, and I'm working on homework, so yeah, I'm writing a blog post instead. :)
It was a rough day at work, lots of changes in the schedule, both authorized and last minute. Making an already uneasy day worse. I won't go into specifics cause that's not important. I won't know of the Travis will be home next weekend, but I sure hope that God graces us with the blessing of flight information on Wednesday. I really need some boyfriend time. Mainly because tomorrow is Father's Day, and I am having a difficult time trying to keep it all together.
Father's Day has always been fairly hard on me since my biological dad died when I was 13. However, with losing Danny only 7 short months ago, it's about a thousand or so times worse. I am trying to keep a grip on, well, everything, but somehow, it all seems to be slipping away. Almost like, if I try to tighten my grip on my life and everything around me it sling shots away from me, leaving me feeling worse than before.
Knowing I have to work tomorrow helps a little, at least for a few hours I will be busy and mind occupied. Then, hopefully, my friend is coming over to hang out and do some study work since she is in college and I'm taking my online coding class. So that will help too.
It's in the first and last moments of the day that are going to be the hardest. Knowing that I didn't buy him anything this year like I have the last 10+ years. Knowing I won't be giving him a card. It's heart breaking and almost gut wrenching, but I will try and make the most of the day that I can. I will try to salvage it, and hope that my thoughts won't drift too often to Danny tomorrow. Next year might be easier, but who knows.
On a workout side of life:
I started measuring myself 2 weeks ago again, and ta-da! I am down 1 FULL inch off my waist! Hot Dog! I am happy as can be about that. My weight hasn't gone down much, 173-170 and sadly, back up to 171. But hey, the weight will come off AFTER the inches do! Well, speaking of, it's time to eat again. :)
Until next time,
Remember the Simple Things in Life
*Simple Moment of the Day*
I had a rough day today, so my Mom is making me the best dinner a girl could ask for; fried chicken, baked beans, mashed potatoes, and sweet cornbread muffins! YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment