I have been trying to workout a little every day, and have been doing really well with my free weights. I have officially upgraded from 3 lbs weights to 8! Yay! Go me! It may not seem like much for someone on the outside, but for me, it means I am doing well. I have almost no upper body strength what so ever, and this is now being improved to my liking.
After my last post, I sat and really thought about everything that had happened, and now I have nothing but positive reinforcement from my family and friends, as it should be. I won't let what one person says to me get me down. I will continue to do my small workouts on the days where I have to work, and on the days I don't, I will do larger workouts. More intense workouts. Right now, the free weights are working and doing their jobs and I feel better.
I am not necessarily losing the added fluff where I would like to right now, but that's because I have to build my upper body strength in order to do the workouts that I would like to do. Small steps to making myself happier, and remaining positive as I take the small steps. I am lifting my little 8 lbs weights 3 times daily right now. I feel it from yesterday, and soon enough I will be lifting as much as my boyfriend, hopefully, and be able to out do him at pull ups and etc. :) We shall see.
Working out has always made me feel better, prettier, and I enjoy that feeling, A LOT. I have an in door gym that I can only use at some times of the day right now, but it's alright, doing a little bit those times a day will make all the difference.
Simple things like a workout can make anyone happy. It's small, but it does the trick. It releases endorphins and makes one have a feeling of happiness.
However, cutest simple moment ever. I think my nephew is going to be a musician when he gets older. Just turned 3 and is already dancing around the house with a plastic guitar singing his little heart out. I caught him on video singing yesterday, and the other night my sister in law caught him singing "Creep" by Radiohead. I thought it was absolutely precious and it made my day complete.
Until next time let the simple moments take over and work you out :)
Congrats on making the decision to do something healthy for you and for taking the first step. Too often people try to go gung ho and end up losing motivation because it's too hard. By taking your own pace and building up, you'll see steady improvements and you'll be motivated to keep going.
ReplyDeleteAlso, don't let anyone tear you down. I know, easier said than done, but there will always be someone trying to talk you down - just remember that you're doing this for YOU, not THEM, and it should hopefully keep you going.