Well after many months of long weeks, I am finally being able to take a vacation!! We have been short staffed in the management department lately, thus the reason I have waited so long to take the vacation time I had. I wanted to make sure we had coverage before I finalized my plans!
I was invited to spend the week at my boyfriend's house this week since we will be leaving on Friday morning to go to TN to visit some family. I was excited and immediately accepted the offer. So my 'week of cleaning' that I was going to do isn't going to happen! I would much rather relax and spend some much needed quality time with Travis. :)
My workouts were going great until last week... uh oh! A week ago Friday, I went bowling with my 'guys' and the first time I got up, I stepped on my shoe lace and whoops!! I slipped and landed on my right hip.. Ouch! Well it bruised my hip but I felt fine, until the next day. My left knee felt a little more sore than usual, so I took some advil in hoping that it was just sore from the fall.
My stepdad noticed that my knee was swollen on Sunday and asked if it hurt, I said 'well yeah, a little bit. But it will be fine in another day or so.'
By Tuesday the swelling had not gone day and the pain had only gotten worse. So I called and scheduled an appt with my orthopedic from the first time it swelled due to a softball injury when I was 13. My appt is this Friday. I have 3 days to go and am still in some pretty bad pain. This has me not being able to do my full body workouts at the moment. :( I can still do the upper body stuff but the lower body just makes the pain intensify and makes it hard for me to get comfortable doing anything. i.e, right now, I have changed positions 5 times or so in since I started typing.
Other than the knee problems, it's been a good weekend and a good week so far :) I got to play with my nephews for a bit yesterday at Chuck E. Cheese. I had a blast with them!
We stopped by my work even though I have the week off for a snack after playing so much, and my nephew said the sweetest thing. We were leaving and I said 'bye boss man'. Jaden, my nephew mimics everyone just about, so I heard him say, plain as day, 'bye boss man.' My boss turned around and laughed. It was too cute!!
It may not be a beach vacation, but it completely works for me.
Til next time, remember the simple things.
No comments:
Post a Comment