I have also been working really hard on trying to put money back, and continue to get ALL of my bills paid off. I would like to be debt free no later than September of this year. I don't have a lot of debt, but I have enough to keep me from living on my own right now. I would be able to afford my own place, alone, with no problems, once I get my car and knee surgery paid off. Less than $6,000 to go, and I couldn't be more excited. It's nice to look at my car payment schedule and know I am more than 2 months ahead. :) They don't like me very much because if I pay it off early, *at this rate almost a year early* then most of the interest goes POOF! Again making me a very happy girl.
At the rate I am going, I will have almost all of my credit cards paid off by June-ish. And then my car will be the next thing to pay off. My knee will pay itself off at some point in there.
My big goal this year is to buy a home. Not an apartment, or trailer, (though there is nothing wrong with either. I have lived in both) but a house. I want a 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom house of my own. :) I bought my car last year, and intend to meet my goal of purchasing a home this year. I want something that my boyfriend and I can call our own. I don't want to be the couple that when we get married, we are living with someone else because we don't have a home yet. I want to be the couple who were already living together and married because they wanted to make it all official. :)
I also want a place that I can comfortably start a family in. Thus the reason for 3 bedrooms minimum. 1 room for myself and him, 1 room for an office, and 1 room for baby. But the baby part is still some time off.
Well that's the end of my post for now...
Oh weight loss? Yeah... I don't want to talk about it. I fell off the band wagon *yes again* and am paying for it. :( I can't eat a lot of my fave foods right now, but that's probably for the best.
*Simple Moment*
I was having a rough night at work on Tuesday, as in everything in the world was going wrong, when Travis showed up. He had a case in one hand *about the size of a very small book* and a brown box in the other. Turns out his parents had won a kindle at his Dad's job. Well, Mom already has a nook color, and Dad has an I-pad 2. Needless to say they didn't need the kindle, so it was given to me. I haven't been able to put it down. haha! It made my night 100% better. :)
Until next time, remember the Simple Things in Life.
"Debt Free" Oh that's music to my ears you know. Since my Hubs and I got married, we started having bigger expenses, especially with processing papers which has a lot to deal with bureaucracy...you know.
ReplyDeleteYour plans sound good, you're dealing with life so responsibly :)
I try. I have been irresponsible in the past and want to change that for my future. :) I would like to be in my own place by this Fall. I was going to last year, but some unexpected things came up. (Needed a new car, and needed knee surgery ouch!) This year is definitely my year to get it all done.
ReplyDelete