The hardest thing anyone will ever have to go through is the loss of a child. I don't know how it feels and hope and pray to God I will never have to go through it. I know a couple of Mothers who have gone through this sorrow and far too soon. I won't mention their names to keep their heartache private but I wanted to dedicate this posting to them. It doesn't take long to become a Mother, but it takes time, comfort, caring and kindness to make a Mom.
A Mom is a person who does everything in her power to be a rock for her kids and her family. She is the first to rise in the morning and usually been the last to go to bed at night. She is the most selfless person and always makes sure everyone else is taken care of before herself. She prides herself on her family and not on her outfit or her hair. She usually walks around in some kind of yoga pants and sneakers chasing after the little devil she caught sticking a hand in the cookie jar.
Most times we take for granted everything a Mom does for us. Most times Moms don't get the recognition that they deserve. It's usually a thanks and a peck on the cheek for something that took them hours to come up with. And sometimes, it isn't even that.
I wish I could take the pain from a good friend of mine her recently lost her son. She is wonderful and brave and I have no idea how she does it every single day. I hope and pray that God stays with her and helps heal her pain. It will never go away, but hopefully with time and lots of prayer it will be a bearable pain. She has a strong support system around her.
I think we should all be more thankful for everything that our Moms do for us. I know I am thankful for my Mom and all she does. Even the little things she does for me. Moms are a blessing from God and I am thankful for every Mom in my life tonight.
*Simple Moment of the Day*
I was surprised when my boyfriend stopped by today. He had said otherwise. He spent about an hour or so with me. We didn't do much of anything since I was cleaning and doing laundry but it was nice to have a quiet moment with him.
Until next time,
Remember the Simple Things in Life.
No comments:
Post a Comment