Thursday, May 31, 2012

Spending Time with Family

I have been spending more time with my family lately, and staying home more often than not. Danny is responding to treatments as well as we can hope. Almost 2 full weeks in and he has his days. When he has good days, his days are great. When he has his bad days, they are heartbreaking. 
He is able to eat a little more now than he could and is getting some solid food down thank goodness. He actually gained a couple pounds the last 2 days, which makes me happier. He has more color in his face today than he has in 3 or 4. 
I am getting lots of quality time with the family and seem to be bonding with the parents more than I have in years. My stepdad seems to have done a complete 180 from what he was 6 months or more ago when I started my blog. He has become a lot nicer to everyone it seems, and less picking is being done. He seems appreciative of everything I do rather than picking at every little thing. 
He's better today than he was the last 2 days and it's nice to see him up and walking around and doing things. I am hoping that he keeps having better and better days. I hate to see him sleeping all day and not being able to eat very much. It breaks my heart, completely breaks my heart. 

Well it's a short blog post today, but I have some chores to finish up before doing anything else. 

*Simple Moment of the Day*
I was able to have a quiet 45 minutes yesterday with my boyfriend's Mom, Tani. We sat on the back deck at their house yesterday evening, had a drink and did some reading. It was quiet except for the lawnmower going. 

Until next time,
Remember The Simple Things in Life.

http://pages.lightthenight.org/ga/nmetro12/LMcKinnon

No comments:

Post a Comment