Things have been up and down with me lately. I haven't really gotten anywhere in the job search (a down) but I have decided to go back to school and get a paralegal degree. I would like a career, not a job.
Sadly, I find out more every day about what people truly think of me, and I am at the point where I don't care. I have grown enough over the course of the last decade to know that I shouldn't care what other people think. As much as it still might sting a little bit, I need to take everything with a grain of salt. I shouldn't care what others think of me, regardless of my relationship with anyone. You could be my best friend or my worst enemy, I don't care. Opinions of anyone other than my family and boyfriend are now null and void. As long as my new employer *whom ever it might be* likes me and appreciates my work, that is all that matters to me. I don't care what people think anymore. You don't like me? Fine, don't need you in my life either. You can't stand my personality? Cool. That means I am doing my job right. You don't like how I run things? Sweet, find another job.
Things happen in our life for a reason. The hard times make us stronger and allows us to really appreciate all the good times that we have. The phrase "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" seems to be my motto.
My family has been through a lot in the recent months, and I have grown to appreciate them more than ever.
I never thought being an adult would be harder than being a child. I don't think any child thinks that way. I believe that all children think that being an adult is the best thing in the world. You can get up when you want, eat what you want and when you want. You can have your own home where you can come and go as you please.
Boy are we all wrong. Being an adult, is one of the hardest things anyone will have to do throughout their life. I am thankful that my Mom kept a lot of the heartache, disappointment and the stress from me as long as she could. She prepared me as I got older that life was full of 'adult up and downs' but I never understood completely until I was a grown up.
Well, I need to get back to adult job searching.
*Simple Moment*
I was packing my boyfriend's lunch for him the other morning and he asked me the sweetest question. "Have I told you how much I love you lately?" I answered no, since he indeed had not. "Well, I love you a whole lot, and you mean the world to me." I got a kiss on the forehead, and a tight hug. It was wonderful.
Until next time,
Remember the Simple Things in Life
No comments:
Post a Comment