Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Everything Happens for a Reason Right?

I keep telling myself that this is all apart of God's plan. I keep saying that He wouldn't give us more than we can handle. Yet, at this point in time, I am feeling so overwhelmed that I am starting to have a hard time eating, and having an even harder time sleeping. When I do finally fall asleep at night, it isn't restful and is down right fitful most nights.
We were looking at years, then it was months, now we are looking at weeks. Frankly, this scares me more than anything  else I have ever had to deal with in my 26 years. 
Danny's stomach was swollen so Mom took him to the hospital yesterday and got him pumped. Almost a gallon of fluid was removed, and I want to say almost 3/4 of that was a deep, dark red, blood color. 
Plainest terms possible, the cancer has spread to his stomach. He isn't getting any better. Actually he is getting a lot worse.  It's heartbreaking to watch. We are now faced with a matter of weeks rather than months or what we originally hoped, years. His cancer is spreading very rapidly, and there seems to be nothing the doctors can do to stop it from spreading.We won't know how progressive it is until his next PET scan which is next week. 
We were trying to be optimistic, but it's getting hard. It seems like every time I turn around I am crying yet again. I can't seem to control it anymore, though I do try very hard.Well, I need to be going, I have a lot to do today before I have to go to work.

Until next time, 
Remember the Simple Things in Life and make each moment count.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't ignore you, but I just saw your comment, he died about an hour after you posted it. Things have settled into some kind of routine now, and it's hard some days, but we push through it. We miss him a lot, but are glad he isn't suffering anymore. The last few days were the worst. Thank you for your kind and very thoughtful words. They are moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete