Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Thought it was better, I lied.

Danny went into remission a little over a month ago... The doctor told us he would be fine and that he was looking healthier all the time. He had gained close to 15 or more pounds back and was eating really well.

Fast forward two weeks and we've now been given a harder road to take. He was diagnosed with brain cancer. There are at least 5-6 different lesions on his brain, including one on his sinus cavity, and one in the deep center of the brain. The prognosis is better than we could have hoped. But worse than what we were praying for. 
The doctor says with treatments, he could live as long as 3 years maybe 4. That is only if he responds well to said radiation treatments. Chemo isn't an option this time, as it won't have any affect on the brain. Surgery also isn't an option. All I was praying for was for him to get better, and now all I can pray for is more time. The doctor is trying to be optimistic, but he also is being realistic by telling him he still should probably get his affairs in order. It's hard, extremely hard, especially since he and my Mom are soul mates and finally found happiness in each other. She struggles daily with the thought of losing that perfect piece of her puzzle, the man that makes her whole. She is so brave, and stronger than I could ever hope to be. I don't know how she does it. 
It's hard knowing that he isn't going to be here much longer. I know that I am doing my best to enjoy what little time I do have left with him. I am praying for more time with him. He may be a jerk at times, but he has been the closest thing to a real Dad that I've ever known. 
Well, even though I have so much more I would like to write, I can't bring myself to it at this time. 

Until next time,
Remember the Simple Things in Life.

***I know I usually post a simple moment of the week, or what have you, but tonight it's hard to pick just one. Every moment of your life is so special. Even if you don't think it is, or don't think you are, remember someone, somewhere thinks you are the best thing in this world. So make every moment count.
                                                                                                                      Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment